Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Winter Wedding by Abby Clements

The Winter Wedding

Published: 5th November 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 305
Available in Paperback and on Kindle

Blurb
Hazel never set out to be a wedding planner. She was just helping her stressed sister Lila with cakes and décor for her big day. But when Lila and Ollie's summer ceremony is a runaway success, with guests raving about the food and styling at the pretty venue, word about Hazel's expertise soon spreads.

But Hazel's clients expect the very best - she's promised lawyers Gemma and Eliot a snow-covered castle in the Scottish Highlands, and laidback couple Josh and Sarah a bohemian beach wedding in a Caribbean paradise. But as weather, in-laws and wilful brides conspire against her, can Hazel get two very different couples to walk up two very different aisles to say 'I do'? And will she find her own happy ending if she does?

Review
Despite having a number of Abby Clements books on my bookshelf, The Winter Wedding is the first one I’ve read. I’ve been waiting for this to be released for months since I spied it on a trawl through Amazon, for me it has one of my favourite things to read about weddings!
In The Winter Wedding we meet Hazel and her twin sister Lila. For years they have done everything together but as they’ve grown up Lila’s been spending more and more time with boyfriend Ollie until the inevitable happens and they become engaged. Dissatisfied with her work life Hazel steps in to help out as wedding planner and after the wedding turns out to be a huge success Hazel finds herself with a few more clients and a new direction in life.
Hazel was such a lovely character, she’s always looking out for her sister Lila, helping her boss Emma more than she should and seems to have everyone’s best interests at heart. I loved that her creativity was admired through the weddings she had planned as I felt it gave her a confidence boost to go after what she really wanted.
All the characters in this book are lovely but I think my favourite had to be Amber, she just seemed to be the perfect flat-mate for Hazel and I’m glad that events in the book didn’t come between them as they possibly could have. I’d love to be a taster for her cakes!
This was a lovely gentle read which flowed at good pace making for a quick easy read.  Although it’s not the most in depth book but I really enjoyed it. I think it’s the perfect book this winter and I’m looking forward to reading more books by Abby Clements.
Thank you so much to Simon & Schuster for providing me with a review copy. I’d like to rate The Winter Wedding by Abby Clements 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment