Tuesday 8 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - New to Me Authors in 2015

Today I decided to join in with Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, its being a long time since I complied a bookish Top Ten and felt this week's list was the perfect one to jump back in with: Top Ten New to Me Authors in 2015. Now at least half of what I've read this year has been new to me authors but I have found some real favourites who are now on my must-read list.
Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone, #1)  Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2) Lost Girls (D.I. Kim Stone, #3)

1. Angela Marsons: this woman's writing is superb and I've loved all three of her D.I. Stone novels that she has written this year and am looking forward to more in 2016


Three Amazing Things About You
2. Jill Mansell: I'm very sad to admit that I've never picked up a Jill Mansell novel before despite being a huge chick-lit reader. Three Amazing Things About You changed that, it was just amazing in every way and has opened up a whole new love. Luckily for me Jill has written quite a few novels so I've plenty more gems to discover in her back catalogue.

The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance
3. Kirsty Greenwood: The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance was just brilliant and the main character Jess Beam just had me laughing all the way through. I have Yours Truly her first novel on my tbr pile so hopefully it won't be sat there too long.

The Tea Planter's Wife
4. Dinah Jefferies: The Tea Planter's Wife was such a beautifully written novel and I loved how the story unfolded. I'm so looking forward to her next read The Merchant's Daughter which is out in February.

The Waiting Game
5. Jessica Thompson: The Waiting Game was beautiful, such a heart-breaking novel. Will pick up another book by her when I want an emotional read.

Christmas Ever After
6. Sarah Morgan: I've just finished reading Christmas Ever After and I adored it, love the characters, the setting, the plot, everything was perfect. I need to read more from this lady very soon.

Secrets of the Tower
7. Debbie Rix : The Secrets of the Tower was a ready good read with a dual narrative full of mystery and romance. I really hope this lady writes more in the future.

A Year in the Life of a Playground Mother Misadventures of a Playground Mother
8. Christie Barlow: I read both of Christie's novels back to back in September and enjoyed the comedy in both of them. Looking forward to her new novel Kitty's Countryside Dream which is out in February

What Would Mary Berry Do?
9. Claire Sandy: Loved What Would Mary Berry Do? and am hoping to read her other two novels before too long.

A Proper Family Holiday
10. Chrissie Manby: I've just finished the first Proper Family book and am eager to start the next one as this family just captured my heart. Will enjoy going back and reading her previous novels next year.

So that's my list, are any of these favourites of yours? Pop over to The Broke and the Bookish and have a look at other people's lists.

Joanne x

3 comments:

  1. I can't say as I recall reading any of the authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those books look fantastic! And other then The Tea Planter's Wife i haven't heard of any of them or the authors, so thank yo so much for all the new recommendations :)
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh all of these covers are so fun! Gonna check out several of them! My TTT

    ReplyDelete