Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish who love list making an reading. Each week there is a different book related list to create and share with other bloggers and readers. This week's list was Top Ten Bookish Resolutions which for me was an easy list to create as there is plenty I would like to improve on.
1. Read 70 Books - Last year I set my Goodreads Reading Challenge at 100 books and although I read more than what is listed on my profile I know it was no where near 100 and towards the end of last year I began to feel very disappointed for not having succeeded. I'm taking the pressure and I'm sure I can easily complete this number.
2. Blog more consistently -In 2015 my blogging was very sporadic, one week I'd have five posts the next one. I think the thing was I was aiming for every day but with everything that happened last year I just couldn't manage it. When the guilt of not blogging crept in I'd post consistently for a few days and then life would catch up again. This year there are no big plans on the horizon so I aim to be more organised and try (fingers crossed) to post three times a week, every week.
3. Make my blog more interesting - My blog has predominantly been reviews with the odd Top Ten post for the last year. I'd love to be part of more blog tours and host guest posts and cover reveals, hopefully I can achieve this and my blog more interesting for readers.
4. Request fewer review books - 2015 was the year when I went crazy requesting books to review and although I read quite a few, I didn't read them all and for this I feel massively guilty towards the authors and publishers who've kindly sent me books in the post or through Netgalley. I think this is because I have a serious love of receiving mail and nothing makes me happier than seeing another shiny new book all ready to be read. This year I'm only going to request books I will read straight away and will hopefully really enjoy.
5. Buy fewer books - This links to the resolution above, I've bought loads of books in the year and there just gathering dust in my bedroom, very few have actually been read yet! As 2016 is going to be my year of the declutter I'm not going to buy another book unless I know it will be a firm favourite. /I have an excellent local library and really should make better use of it.
6. Read some of my own books - Although I have a large review pile to get through, this year I would also like to get my own books out and give them some love. I also really want to thin my collection down by probably half, so I need to get reading.
7. Write book reviews much sooner - I've become very bad at not actually writing reviews recently. I've a notebook full of notes I made while reading but have failed at actually writing the review, which is something I want to change immediately. I've loved most of the books I've read in the last few months and it's time I shared that love with my readers.
8. Engage with other bloggers more - The book blogging world is full of loving caring sounding people who also share my love of books. I'd love this to be the year where I become more involved in the blogging community and connect with other bloggers.
9. Read books nearer to there release date - This kind of links to many of my other resolutions, I want to enjoy books while they still have the buzz about them so I can share that with others. I also want less books sat on shelves being unloved.
10. Spend more time writing creatively - I'd love 2016 to be the year where I develop my writing skills and write some fiction of my own rather writing about other people's. Not sure if I'll find the time to do this on top of everything else but here's hoping!
Thank you for stopping by today, I'd love to know what your resolutions are for this year bookish or otherwise. See other people's lists here.