Thursday 7 January 2016

Release Day Round Up #15

For 2016 I have decided to bring back my Release Day Round Up posts which I wrote back in 2014. I've decided to do this for two reasons. Firstly I probably won't be reading as much this year so want to share as many wonderful book with you as possible and secondly they may end up acting as mini reviews while  I catch up with the backlog of reviews I have to write. Each week I'm going to just pick my top three releases so these posts don't end up mega long. I am working on a release date page for all books that catch my eye this year so pop back soon for to check that out. So for this week my picks are:



Try Not to Breathe

Published: 7th January 2016
Publisher: Corvus
Pages: 384
Available in Hardback and on Kindle

Blurb
You won't be able to put it down.
Just remember to breathe.

Alex is sinking. Slowly but surely, she's cut herself off from everything but her one true love - drink. Until she's forced to write a piece about a coma ward, where she meets Amy.

Amy is lost. When she was fifteen, she was attacked and left for dead in a park. Her attacker was never found. Since then, she has drifted in a lonely, timeless place. She's as good as dead, but not even her doctors are sure how much she understands.

Alex and Amy grew up in the same suburbs, played the same music, flirted with the same boys. And as Alex begins to investigate the attack, she opens the door to the same danger that has left Amy in a coma...


I think this sounds really intriguing and slightly creepy and just what I'd fancy reading after all the Christmas romances.



The House at Quill Court by Charlotte Betts
Published: 7th January 2016 (Kindle Only)
Publisher: Piatkus
Pages: 383
Available on Kindle

Blurb
1813. Venetia Lovell lives by the sea in Kent with her pretty, frivolous mother and idle younger brother. Venetia's father, Theo, is an interior decorator to the rich and frequently travels away from home, leaving his sensible and artistic daughter to look after the family. Venetia designs paper hangings and she and her father often daydream about having an imaginary shop where they would display the highest quality furniture, fabrics and art to his clients.
When a handsome but antagonistic stranger, Jack Chamberlaine, arrives at the Lovell's cottage just before Christmas bringing terrible news, Venetia's world is turned upside-down and the family have no option but to move to London, to the House in Quill Court and begin a new life. Here, Venetia's courage and creativity are tested to breaking point, and she discovers a love far greater than she could have ever imagined . . .

I love a good historical fiction novel and the Regency period is one of my favourites. Charlotte Betts is an author I've not read yet so really looking forward to giving this book a read this year.


28385591

The Chocolate Lover's Wedding (Chocolate Club #4) by Carole Matthews
Published: 7th January 2016
Publisher: Sphere
Pages: 384
Available in Hardback and on Kindle

Blurb 
The ladies of The Chocolate Lovers' Club should be gearing up for the wedding of the year but life keeps getting in the way . . .
Lucy is worried about her financial situation and it keeps distracting her. Should she accept an offer of help from an untrustworthy source?
Nadia may have a real chance at finding love but other areas of her life aren't so rosy. Something needs to change - but what?
Autumn can't wait to meet someone she hasn't seen in a very long time. She's full of hope for the future but then things don't exactly go to plan . . .
Chantal has been through so much and she's finally starting to feel settled. The last thing she needs is the kind of bad news that could change her life all over again.
And yet, despite all the ups and downs, the Chocolate Lovers' ladies know they can get through it all as long as they have each other. They're not going to let anything get in the way of their happy-ever-afters in . . . The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding.


Sadly I've only managed to ever read one of Carole's novels, I do however have about six waiting to be read as they always sound so good that I keep buying them. I've only got the first book in this little series in my pile The Chocolate Lovers Club so it will be a while before I get to this one. I know she has a huge following and many of her  fans will be eager to read The Chocolate Lovers Wedding.

So that's my top three for this week, next week it will be much harder to narrow down to three as I already have a list of ten that look good.






No comments:

Post a Comment