Monday 25 January 2016

Rebound by Aga Lesiewicz

27692321

Published: 14th January 2016
Publisher: Pan Macmillan
Available in Hardback and on Kindle

Blurb
I'm not a bad person, but maybe I did a bad thing . . .
Life is good for Anna Wright. She's a successful media executive working for one of the UK's largest TV corporations. She's got a great boyfriend, some close friends and a lovely home. She adores her dog, Wispa, and she loves to run to help her de-stress.
But Anna's perfect life starts to crumble from the moment when, out jogging on the Heath one day, she meets a handsome stranger. She takes a route into unfamiliar territory, and then she has to face the consequences.
There's a dark, growing creepiness as the atmosphere becomes unsettled and, as Anna's professional life becomes increasingly pressured and poisonous, her obsession with the intriguing stranger intensifies.

Review
Rebound by Aga Lesiewicz captured my interest from the start with the tag line “I’m not a bad person, but maybe I did a bad thing...” it conjured up all kinds of things in my head and I couldn’t wait to get stuck into this book.
It begins when Anna dumps boyfriend of three years James because he just felt “too safe” for her. Then Anna meets a mysterious and handsome stranger whom she names “Dior Man” while out jogging with her dog Wispa on Hampstead Heath. Anna engages in some elicit behaviour with the “Dior Man” without knowing anything about him. After this, mysterious things begin to happen to Anna, such as things moving and acts of vandalism randomly occurring, more seriously women have been raped on the heath. Are all these events connected and how does Anna fit into everything?
Although Anna wasn’t a bad person I didn’t like her. I felt she was far too selfish and by indulging in her risky behaviour and keeping secrets a lot of things happened that could have been prevented. I also felt she didn’t really care about her friends feelings at all just calling them up to make herself feel better but not really interested in their own lives. The only thing she really seemed to care about was her dog Wispa, who was just lovely and I can imagine had those big brown dog eyes that make you just melt.
I loved all the clues that Aga has left for the reader throughout the novel, at one point I think I had five possible suspects and I loved this as it made the story so engrossing. With so many tangents created throughout the novel I was expecting a brilliant ending and I’m a little disappointed the way things were left as I still have many questions about why things happened and  how it all connected., maybe I just didn’t fit all the clues together.
Rebound is a good psychological thriller which I enjoyed reading and would definitely read more by this author. Overall I would give Rebound by Aga Lesiewicz 4 out of 5.
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for my review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment