Friday 1 August 2014

July Monthly Wrap-Up

As July was only the second month blogging I went a bit crazy and bought quite a few books and also was able to buy a Kindle which I've been wanting since Christmas. Here are the books I've bought and borrowed this month:
 
Books I've Bought:

Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss   Leftovers  A Whiff of Scandal A Hundred Pieces of Me Take A Look At Me Now  An Abundance of Katherines  Every Woman For Herself The Shock of the Fall
One Hundred Proposals
 
 
Books I've Borrowed:
 
Never Google Heartbreak by Emma Garcia  The Dress Thief Dear Thing A Gift to Remember The Wish List The Chocolate Run Star Island. Carl Hiaasen Take a Chance on Me
 
 
Books I've Received for Free:
 
The Right Side of Mr Wrong  The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson How to Win a Guy in 10 Dates High Heels & Bicycle Wheels The Wedding Diary How to Get a (Love) Life
 
Thank to my friend Jane for the signed copy of The Teashop on the Corner and thank you to Jane Linfoot for copies of her e-books for me to read and review.
 
This month I've managed to read the following seven books, click on the link for my review:
 
The Right Side of Mr Wrong by Jane Linfoot

The Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss

Destined to Play by Indigo Bloom

Never Google Heartbreak by Emma Garcia

Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes

I've just started The Dress Thief by Natalie Meg Evans which is proving to be a very intriguing read
so far.
 
Favourite Book of the Month: The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson, absolutely loved this book, it had everything you need in a good book: romance, mystery, heartbreak and friendship and of course that special little bit of Milly magic.
 
Least Favourite Book of the Month: Destined to Play by Indigo Bloom, this book has left me with mixed feelings and I'm still writing a full review to appear next week.

Discovery of the Month: This month I could not decide which was my favourite new author so it is tied with Jane Linfoot and Emma Garcia


During August I hope to read the following:

A Gift to Remember by Melissa Hill
Dear Thing by Julie Cohen
The Wish List by Jane Costello
High Heels and Bicycle Wheels by Jane Linfoot
One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin

I will hopefully read more than this as there have been a lot of amazing sounding books released recently wish I hope to read soon including What Would Mary Berry Do? by Claire Sandy which will probably be one of the few purchases I make this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment