Sunday 10 August 2014

Showcase Sunday #5


 
Showcase Sunday is a weekly event hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea where bloggers share which books they have received or bought throughout the week. This week I only picked up two books from the library and my friend Jane has lent me one to read.
 
 
Spare BridesParty Games
 
 
I'm  a huge Adele Parks fan and her novels just seem to keep getting better, this is set in 1920 after the end of The Great War and focuses on the lives of Beatrice, Ava, Sarah and Lydia. I'm intrigued by this as its her first historical novel. Party Games is Jo Carnegie's first novel which is not part of the Churchminister series, which I loved, so it will be interesting to see what this is like.
 
The Hidden Cottage
 
Don't know anything about this one, but its Erica James so is bound to be good. Could be a while before I get round to this one though. So what books have made their way into your collection this week? Take a look at everyone else's list here.
 

2 comments:

  1. I've never read an Adele Parks novel but I'll check her out if you say you're a huge fan! These books all have uber cute covers and look like the sorts of books that I'd like so I'll check them out on goodreads :) Enjoy!

    ~ New follower ~

    Check out my SS here!

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spare Brides is really good, on chapter 10 so far and can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete