Friday 5 September 2014

Book Review - Hopelessly Devoted to You by Jill Steeples

Hopelessly Devoted to You
Publisher: Carina UK
Published: August 14th 2014
Pages: 304
Available on Kindle
 
Blurb
Meet Ruby’s fiancé, Finn. He’s gorgeous, thoughtful, successful and adoring – pretty much anyone could ever want in a man. In fact, he’s perfect. The catch? He’s just not perfect for her. But when Ruby finally plucks up the courage to come clean, Finn’s so furious that he misses his footing as he runs down the stairs – and suddenly, it’s not just his heart that’s broken!
When Finn wakes up, he can’t remember a thing. Not that Ruby dumped him – not even that they were ever engaged! It’s on the tip of Ruby’s tongue to come clean, but somehow, it never seems to be the right time... And as the weeks pass, she sees a new side to Finn. Arrogant and a shameless flirt, he’s irresistibly bad, and the chemistry between them is explosive!
It’s not that Ruby’s lying… she’s just withholding the truth. And seeing as things are going so well, perhaps there’s no need for Finn to have his memory jogged… The trouble is, there’s every chance that Finn might remember for himself!
 
Review
Firstly I would like to thank Carina UK for allowing me to read this via NetGalley.
 
To be totally honest I knew nothing about this book or its author before I requested it, I just saw that beautiful cover and was instantly drawn to it. I'm so glad I read it because I devoured it in one sitting, which doesn't happen often. The story really drew me in and I just couldn't put it down.
 
At first I didn't warm to the character of Ruby, she has this perfect boyfriend in Finn who is sexy, polite, considerate and even brings her flowers when its not her birthday but Ruby  feels she can't marry him because she doesn't love him. The first couple of chapters are just about Ruby trying to work out how to get rid of Finn and I just found Ruby to by whiny and annoying at this point, luckily after Finn has his accident  she changes and becomes a lovely caring person who I would actually like to be friends with.
 
I loved that this book had a couple of unexpected twists so wasn't as predictable as I thought it might be, this made for a story which I wanted to keep reading as I wanted to know if things would happen in the way I expected or not. Jill's style of writing flows really well and with a few unexpected plot twists and characters which became really quite loveable it makes reading this book a joy.
 
I will definitely be reading more of her work as her writing suits me perfectly when I just want a heart warming tale to curl up with. If you enjoy Milly Johnson or Katie Fforde then I'm sure you will enjoy this book. I give this book 5/5
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment