Saturday 5 July 2014

Children's Book Review - Meerket Mail by Emily Gravett

899587   

Source: Purchased
Published: 2007 Macmillan Children's Books

This is my first children's book review, hopefully I will post one every Saturday. This book has been in our house for three years and is very well loved, it was bought when my son who was three at the time was going through a "Meerkat" stage.

This book tells the story of Sunny the Meerkat who lives in the Kalahari Desert. He decides the desert is too crowded on goes on a journey to visit his various relatives. When he arrives at each place he sends a postcard back home to his mum and dad.

I think this is a lovely book, which is perfect for children ages three to seven. I love the way that separate postcards have been added into the story, similar to The Jolly Postman, however these are fastened in so will not get lost. I'm very impressed that Emily Gravett is also the illustrator of these books as they are lovely and fit the story well.

I can highly recommend this book, especially if you loved The Jolly Postman books.

Rating 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment