Sunday 13 July 2014

Showcase Sunday #2

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea where you showcase your new books which you have received throughout the week, for more information check out Vicky's blog in the link above.

I've had a great week for gathering books this week with a total of 15 books! Firstly and probably the best book I've received this week is The Teashop on the Corner by Millie Johnson, not only because I love Milly's work and eagerly await each book for months but because I have a SIGNED copy!!!





Thank you so much for my amazing friend Jane who organised for me to get a sighed copy from a book signing in Barnsley. As well as the book I was also lucky each to receive this great bag, perfect for book trips to the library and also postcard and bookmark. Just wish I'd been able to go meet her myself, next time I will.

My friend Jane also brought me these books to read


The Chocolate Run by Dorothy Koomson
Star Island by Carl Hiaasen
Take a Chance on Me by Jill Mansell

So lucking forward to reading the Carl Hiaasen one I just love his sense of humor and writing style.




I then chose these four to read with my children who are six and ten months 
Puppy's Big Rescue by Igloo books, strangely no author is listed
Snore! by Michael Rosen & Jonathon Langley
Pig's Egg by Katherine Sully

If you can't tell, my son loves anything to do with farms and their animals. Yesterday's review was on Stop Monkeying Around








I then went into The Works and purchased these three for £5.00 
Left Overs by Stella Newman
A Whiff of Scandal by Carole Matthews
A Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillion






I then ended my massive book splurge in Whsmith with these 
Take a Look at Me Now by Miranda Dickinson
An Abundance of Katherine's by John Green
Every Woman for Herself by Trisha Ashley
The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer


I really loved The Fault in Our Stars by John Green so decided to read something else by him, Trisha Ashley is just brilliant and the other two I have heard good things about so want to give them a try. I've already started The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson, which do you think I should start next? What books did you add to your collection this week?











No comments:

Post a Comment