Saturday 18 October 2014

Book Review - Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Cafe by Rebecca Raisin

Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Cafe (Gingerbread Cafe, #3)
 
Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café by Rebecca Raisin
Published: 15th October 2014
Publisher: Carina UK
Pages: 304
Available on Kindle
 
Blurb
You are invited to the wedding of the year!
Snow is falling thick and fast outside the Gingerbread Café and inside, its owner Lily is planning the wedding of the year. Her wedding! She never dreamt it would happen, but this Christmas, she’ll be marrying the man of her dreams - in a Christmas-card-perfect ceremony!

The gingerbread is baking, the dress is fitted and the mistletoe’s in place – for once, everything’s going to plan. That is until her mother-in-law arrives... Suddenly, Lily’s famous cool is being tested like never before and her dream wedding is crumbling before her eyes.

In the blink of a fairylight, the Gingerbread Café has been thrown into chaos! Lily thought she had this wedding wrapped up, but with so much to do before she says ‘I do’, can Lily get to the church on time – and make this Christmas sparkle after all?
 
Review
Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café is the third and sadly final book in the Gingerbread Café series.  It’s a year since they’ve been together and Lily and Damon are busy planning their Christmas Eve wedding. Everything is all set out to be perfect, until Damon’s parents arrive earlier than expected and everything that can go wrong does, can Lily pull it all together before the big day?
After seeing the stunning cover for this book I couldn’t wait to read it and the book itself is every bit as beautiful as its cover. I loved the first two Gingerbread Café books and didn’t think they could be beaten, but Rebecca has done it again, it’s even more wonderful.
As well as Lily, Damon and CeeCee this book also has more background story from other characters such as both Lily and Damon’s parents and Lily’s friends Sarah and Missy as well as little Charlie joining them all just before the wedding. I think having theses extra characters really added depth to the story and made Ashford more of a real place and one I’d definitely want to live in. Sarah and Missy sounded like the perfect girlfriends to have around and share the joy of planning your wedding with.  I really liked the way Damon’s mum Olivia opened up to Lily, as at first when she was trying to meddle I really didn’t like her, I mean why couldn’t she see Lily and Damon are perfect for each other!
Again Rebecca has described some delicious food that just makes this book scrumptious, the description of the wedding cake that Lily and CeeCee was wonderful and I would love to have had a slice. I also think a recipe for butterscotch pie should have been included as this just sounds amazing.
The wedding was simply stunning and Rebecca’s writing really made you feel like you were experiencing it for yourself. The wedding dress sounded like a dream and I would love to wear the same one for my own wedding one day.  The best thing about the wedding was it was very emotional and touching, I was actually crying happy and sad tear as Lily and Damon exchanged vows.
Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café was the perfect book to end a lovely trilogy. I will really miss Lily, CeeCee and the gang as I felt like I knew them and I’m sad that I have to say goodbye.  I hope there are more books from Rebecca on the horizon.  If you want to share a few hours with a lovely bunch of characters wrapped up in festive cheer than add this book to your collection this Christmas.
Rating 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment